Steps for Entering the State of Ihram
1. Bathe yourself (Ghusl).
2. Wear Ihram garments.
3. Make the intention for Umrah or Hajj.
4. Recite Talbeyah*.
5. Avoid acts forbidden while in the state of Ihram
Steps for Performing Umrah
1. Make Tawaf around the Ka`bah.
2. Pray two Rak`ah behind Maqam Ibrahim.
3. Make Sa`i between Safa and Marwah.
4. Trim hair and remove Ihram garments.
1. Put on Ihram garments again, if you have performed
2. Make intention for Hajj.
3. Remain in Mina during the 8th of Dhul-Hijja and
perform five prayers starting with the Zuhr prayer
and ending with the Fajr prayer on the day of Arafat.
1. Leave for Arafat on the morning of the 9th of Dhul-Hijja
and stay until sunset.
2. Stay in any part of Arafat.
3. Glorify Allah, repeat supplication, repent to Allah
and ask for forgiveness.
4. Pray Zuhr and Asr prayers shortened and combined
during the time of Zuhr.
for Muzdalifah soon after sunset on the 9th of Dhul-Hijja.
2. Perform the Maghrib and the shortened Isha prayers
3. Stay overnight and perform the Fajr prayer.
1. Shortly before sunrise, leave Muzdalifah for Mina.
Go to Jamrat al-Aqabah and stone it with seven pebbles.
2. Slaughter your sacrifice.
3. Shave your head or trim your hair.
4. Take off Ihram garments.
5. All Ihram restrictions are lifted except for the
ban on sexual intercourse.
7) Tawaf al-Ifada
1. Make Tawaf al-Ifada and Sa`i between Safa and Marwah.
2. After Tawaf al-Ifada, all restrictions are lifted
1. Spend the Tashreeq days (11th, 12th, and 13th of
Dhul-Hijja) in Mina.
2. After Zuhr prayer each day, stone the three Jamarat,
starting with the small one and ending with al-Aqabah.
3. You may leave on the 12th after stoning the Jamarat
if you wish.
1. Go to Makkah and make a farewell Tawaf. Perform
2. Let the Tawaf be the last thing you do in Makkah.
It is preferred to visit the Prophet's Mosque in Medina,
but this is not a part of Hajj.
*Talbeyah: Labbayk Allahuma labbayk. Labbayka La sharika laka labbayk. Innal hamda wa ni'mata laka wal mulk. Laa sharika lak.